Thursday, March 13, 2014

Educational Websites for Teaching

The 15 educational websites I found are: 1. Fakebook 2. FakeTweet 3. Edublogs 4. Kidblog 5. Edmodo 6. Global Read Aloud 7. Global Classroom Project 8. Physics of the Future 9. Encyclopedia of Learning Games 10. Focus Show Online 11. Kinder-Craze: A Kindergarten Teaching Blog 12. Mrs. Wills Kindergarten 13. Sprinkles to Kindergarten 14. Miss Kindergarten 15. Rowdy in Room 300 I thought it was very easy to find educational websites for teaching that were legit. I had already found blogs I love. I'm always searching for Lesson Plan ideas so that was easy. For Web 2.0 sites to use in classroom situations I simply found articles that suggest sites and I researched them from there using the websites provided by our teacher. As far as running across sites that claimed to be educational but only wanted to sell products; I have run across a few that claim to be educational idea sites. They were more geared towards selling their cute little worksheets and educational tools that they made at home. These were mostly on personal blogs. However the sites were still relevant and useful. I found a lot of valuable websites on this journey. I really did not find any that were not valuable. I guess I got lucky! I really was impressed with how teachers are using Web 2.0 sites in classrooms. Honestly I was amazed at the great ideas out there! I never have heard of Fakebook and FakeTweet! I think that these student blog sites and social sites are a safe and great way to teach children how to communicate properly and effectively while online. I think that they would help teach kids to work collaboratively through a social site while being monitored and safe. I'm really excited and actually want to let my 6th grader try them out to see how they work. I found so many sites on my own that I did not get a chance to follow any of my classmates sites yet, but I will because there seems to be SO many out there!! I'm sure everyone found amazing sites. I liked how relevant they were to today's culture. So much of our time is spent on social websites and it's only going to become that more integrated into our society. So I think it's great that these sites are geared towards teaching children how to blog and socialize online while making it educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment